Saturday, October 17, 2009

FeyaVanya's Haunt: A Halloween Celebration

Where does the Black Pumpkin reside?


Nestled near the misty Sierra Nevadas...



where magic-eyed owls wait in caves...



and the sun sets a fiery orange...


There resides a small cottage called Feya's Haunt


that bears a certain, mysterious charm


where wondrous things await at the turn of the nob...


Inside, we are surrounded by a spooky glow


3 tall candles lit ... what does this symbolize?





Where Jacks ride on ravens


and witches ride on moons


you spot a tiny pumpkin carriage with a spooky glow...


It pulls into the light


and stops outside a tiny haunted house.
Who could it be waiting for?



This house also speaks of dark things...


with poison apples and bat shadows on the wall


where haunted faces stare


and wonder at their visitors


and tiny black cauldrons hang from tangled branches.


Where spider witches grace the mantel


and ancient angel witches



watch over cooky pumpkins.



There, in this cottage, lives a dark-winged witch


(who happens to adore all things Twilight - the books, the time of day, what have you)



and her little daughter witch-in-training.



This is also a place...
where dolls come alive
and an elvish princess
can't wait to kiss her king


or an Elvish Queen
kisses little hobbits on the head.


This is a place where Jedi Masters fight


and Dark Lords of the Sith reign


or have Force visions of long lost love.


So naturally,
in this place,
there also lives a little Storm Trooper.


You look up and spot something
floating from the sky light...


it spins slowly downward
on a large, ghostly leaf


Why, it's a faerie!



She's come to show you her friends...



for this is also a place where faeries abound!


They swing from nooks


and tell stories in books


or sit atop an ancient tale


or read their own.


In the place, where
faeries peer at you from inside glass


or behind it


where faerie treasures are collected


there also lives a little faerie child.


These children love their boo shakes





and candy corn galore!


After the Black Pumpkin
is placed front and center


and the milk glass lit


giving off an eerie glow...


After the crystal ball is consulted


and the potions
from the broom closet
mixed,



the witch and her children
carve glowing jack-o-lanterns.


Finally, after the little Storm Trooper tuckers out,



the little witch-in-training starts to fade with sleep


and the little faerie floats away on dreamland clouds,


this witch puts her feet up
and plots her her next witchy-craft endeavor

... to bring you
more mystical and whimsical goodies
with just a sprinkle of darkness.



Thank you for going with me into Feya's Haunt! It was super fun for me to create this little adventure for you.

This post was part of a Halloween Celebration hosted by A Fanciful Twist. For more Halloween Blog Celebrations going on today, please click on her link above. The pictures and story she takes you on are AMAZING! You will love it, I just know. There is also a wonderfully long list of bloggers on her site who are participating on their own blogs, in her left-hand sidebar or in the comment section of her Celebration post.

If you don't have time today, the list will be up for another week and forever in the comment section of her post.

Here's hoping all of you have a MAGICAL Halloween!!!!

21 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween Party to you! :)
    http://carolinescrafts-carolinejones.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks like a great time was had by all..thanks for inviting me along to your party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a blast here! One of my favorite visits :O)
    I loved how you included some star wars! Hubby & I are SW nuts!
    So Enchanting! Loved the faeries and elves (I'm a Faerie myself *winks*)
    *sprinkle sprinkle*
    I enjoyed my visit! <{:O)
    Be Enchanted!
    Opal Moon Enchantments

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a magical post, I loved it! You're invited to solve a crime, come over and see mine! Take care, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello my pretties!
    Just flying in to see the festivities! Looks like a bloody ol’ time! Off I go with my broom! Vrrrooom!
    Visit my party@:
    www.comicreliefpris.blogspot.com
    POOF! i'm gone, on my broom....just can't wait to see another room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely lovely lovely!
    thank you so much for the invitation; stop on by my house if you haven't had too much broom-riding :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some ghoulishly gorgeous little guests you have here...Thank you for your hospitality...steer your broom over to my place for more treats if you haven't flown in already!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spooky fun! Have a happy Halloween and a magical weekend! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Wow! Great Halloween post! Wonderful pics & story! Happy Halloween to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the invite to your lovely wicked party. I had a lot of fun. Happy halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your post! I love your house and all of the details throughout! It was so much fun partying with you.
    http://autumnsantics.blogspot.com/2009/10/frightful-soiree.html
    ~ Autumn Clark

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goooodness that was detailed and divine!! Thank youfor going all out like that, I had to giggle at star wars!! tee heee ;) You are so much fun, hauntingly magical indeeeed!

    Bwuahahahaaaa, thank you for being a delightful part of the festivites!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I truly enjoyed your magical party, here. You including Star Wars too, makes it soar even higher.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very fun party! Love the photography, and those kiddies are sweet :) If you haven't stopped for a visit, hop on your broom and come to my party!

    Cheers!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry to be late!! The trade winds blew me off course. Thanks for keeping the candles lit for me. Wonderful party and your photos are fantastic!
    Stop by mine
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a magical post!Fantastic!
    Happy Halloween.Booooooooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful pics and your helpers r too cute. Thanks for putting the Star Wars in there. I'm a fan and it caused a giggle:)Luv the Jack on the Raven.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my...what a lovely and shadowy party! Thank you so much for the invitation and the chance to rest my feet from so many parties!! Happy Halloween...

    http://foolsewoode.blogspot.com/2009/10/historically-halloween-has-been-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm getting tuckered out trying to visit the gazillion corners of Vanessa's party - but I'm so glad I made it to yours - what a visual feast! And I loved how you had themes for each of your kids. Too sweet. There are just too many things I'd love to comment on but, I'll pick just one - I really like how you included books, both opened and closed, in your decorated vignettes. TOTALLY need to remember to do that more.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It may be Tuesday but I'm still making the party rounds! Great party post!
    See you again soon!
    Vicki
    http://creativegoddess.typepad.com/creativegoddess/

    ReplyDelete