Monday, July 13, 2009

The Teller Queen

8 1/2" x 11 on acrylic paper

Inspired by Alice from the Twilight book series, fortune tellers, evil queens and pixies, The Teller Queen has a permanent wink of one eye and a constant twinkle in the other for she knows what is in store for you, and whether good or bad, it's going to throw you for a loop. Her smirk alone holds infinite dark secrets yet it's a happy one, for no matter what fate befalls you, she will still be queen of everything as she skips her way through the rest her immortal life.

For my first portrait painting ever, I am very pleased with the outcome. I was a little scared to jump right in without a paint class or two in my past, but I guess, like most everything in life, the best way to learn is by doing.

This print will be for sale at TwiCon and in my shop thereafter. My shop will be part of a TwilightMOMS boutique where THE Lisa (creator of TwilightMOMS) will be selling New Moon-ish TwilightMOMS shirts, Georgia (aka *gypsy wings*) will be selling her gorgeous butterfly wing pendants along with Twilight inspired jewelry and artful photographs, and I will be selling my new shop items along with the newly designed New Moon rhinestone t-shirts from Amy of Girly Girls' Closet. We will be sharing a booth with The Mitch Hansen Band so look for our banners!

Hope to see you there!

Many more items to come...

Oh! p.s..... I will also have postcards of the original black and white pencil sketch of The Teller Queen at TwiCon. They are a limited number of 100, are signed and numbered and will come free with a Black Pumpkin purchase of $30 or more. ♥

6 comments:

  1. I LOOOOVE this with the paint! I am so happy you did this!!!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you! You amaze me. Who knew your incredible fish book (illustrations by you) from so long ago would pay off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so seriously impressed Britten! I just posted a huge long comment, but didn't see it go through, so please delete if this is extra. The long of the short of my other comment was, WOW, WOW, WOW. Love the name of your shop, the ideas you have, the logo and just everything darn it! I had no idea you painted either. Way to go on everything! I can't wait to see how this all unfolds for you. Have a blast at Comic Con! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see all the goodies at Twicon.
    Great job on the sketch!!! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this could be an illustration to a new Saturday Cartoon... Vampire Style.. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is AWESOME! I want one of these:)

    ReplyDelete