Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Simple Vintage Christmas

I was too busy with school projects, papers, and finals to pull out the many bins-full of Christmas goodies this year. So, I only decorated small spots and cubbies in the house. Plus, Grandma and Grandpa will have a big tree up for us this year so the kids are all good with that.

I always like to change things up a little each year using decor I already have but in a new way with a few extra finishing touches I pick up in local shops for inspiration and motivation.











The woodland theme with mushrooms and snow and branches was inspired by a display at Gatehouse this year. Those stripey mittens were my grandmother's when she was a teenager and bring a warm feeling to the snowy table. I dig the addition of my gnome Santas this year to my winter wonderland icy, blue and white theme I usually put out for January. The neighborhood kids that come over especially appreciate that my lamps are wearing hats. 
Yeah, being the stiff and steady sentinels they are, once a year even lamps have to get their crazy on.
Merry Christmas!




1 comment: