Saturday, October 20, 2012

September Display = Carnival + Back-to-School Theme

For my September theme, I thought of all the carnivals and festivals coming to town as well as the children going back to school. A lot of my inspiration came from some of my favorite items purchased over the years from The Black Apple.


Behind this little aproned girl are both of Emily Martin's published books opened to their school scene pages: Oddfellow's Orphanage (left) and The Black Apple's Paper Doll Primer (right).

The book underneath her is a limited edition Oddfellow's Compendium I was lucky to snag from her shop.

Another Black Apple doll clutching a small book and pencil, sitting atop some old-school library books.

The Black Apple Lost on the Midway print, complete with a popcorn bag and some stylish tickets.

This may be my most favorite monthly display yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment